Each of the Sims, after receiving the news about their Sims’ pregnancy, would like to know the gender of the baby in Sims 4. At the moment there are 4 ways to find out who the character is expecting: a boy or a girl.
There are things the player can do in Sims 4 to affect whether the child will be a boy or a girl:
- Eating carrots and listening to alternative music (but not exclusively) will have a favorable effect on the chance of a boy in the family.
- If you give a pregnant character to eat strawberries and make him listen to pop music (but not only), it will be a girl.
Of course, this doesn’t guarantee the result 100%, but it’s safe to assume something.
If there is a medical sim
A medical sim can find out the gender of the baby in Sims 4 by having a career level 6 (registered nurse).
To do this:
- Select “Determine the gender of the baby” by left-clicking on the pregnant character.
- Once applied, the sim will go to the hospital. You can go with him or send the character alone.
- A notification should come after the doctor’s visit.
Note that to visit the doctor in Sims 4 you must have the “Go to work” add-on.
If the previous options do not fit, you can use a special code that allows you to change the gender of the child in Sims 4.
The baby for this must already be born, to do this at the stage of pregnancy will not work.
To make it work, you will need to:
- Activate the game console with the shortcut Ctrl + Shift + C.
- Enter the developer code “testing cheats true” as soon as the game window appears.
- Then enter the new code “cas.fulleditmode”, which will activate a tool that allows you to fully edit CAS.
- Next, right-click on the baby to access the character editor mode. In it, you will be able to switch gender.
Ultrasound scan mods
The last way to find out the gender of the baby in Sims 4 is an ultrasound mod called “Ultrasound scan”. It allows the pregnant character to have an ultrasound at the hospital by visiting the gynecologist.
You can do this from the second trimester of pregnancy by opening your phone.
To find out in this mod whether you will have a boy or a girl by ultrasound scan you need:
- To begin with, download the “Ultrasound Scan Mod” itself. Please note that it must be installed the version of the game, which stands at the moment. You can find it in the main menu of the game.
- After installation, you must activate it by clicking on “Settings – Other”. Then check the box next to “Scenario Mods”.
- You can now send your second and third-trimester pregnancy sim to a gynecologist for an ultrasound.
- Open your phone and tap on “Visit the gynecologist ” (the cost of the ultrasound is $75).
Sim will go to the hospital and will be away for about an hour of playing time. At the appointment, he will undergo an ultrasound scan. The results will appear in the character’s inventory. They will show the number of children and gender.
This scan can be hung on the walls of the house and you will receive a happiness buff. You can also order a copy of the scan for $25 and give it as a gift to your family and friends.