To give birth to a boy in Sims 4, just like when conceiving a girl, the player has two options to choose from: legal ways and cheats. The first option is interesting in itself and adds intrigue, but does not guarantee the result, the second one is simple and quick, but boring.
In this article, we will analyze all methods in detail.
There are three legal ways to influence the chance of a boy being born during a character’s pregnancy. Some of these have been around since Sims 3. These are:
- Eating carrots and apples;
- Listening to alternative music and dancing to it;
- The time of conception.
Important: You can only influence the sex of an unborn child in the first, second and third trimesters of pregnancy.
Before the sim found out about the pregnancy or already during labor, eating apples and listening to alternative music and dancing to it will have no effect.
Time of conception
The first parameter that affects the chance of having a boy in Sims 4 is the process of conception itself.
Players are advised to make conception strictly according to game time between 7:00 and 11:59 am.
You can use any place for this, such as a closet, a hot tub, a bed, a tent, a pile of leaves, etc. Neither the place nor the cost of things (e.g. furniture) is important for conceiving a boy.
To make it work, select two characters for woohoo and click on “conceive baby” in any location that is provided by the game mechanics (there are 18 of them with all add-ons).
Listening to alternative music
Listening to alternative music and dancing to it also has a big impact on the birth of a boy in Sims 4.
To make it work, you’ll need a stereo system, which you can buy in the construction menu by selecting “Electronics”.
What to do:
- Place the stereo in a place that’s comfortable for you (preferably leaving space around it for dancing).
- Select the ‘Alternative Music’ option.
- Try to listen to this genre as much as possible to raise your chances of having a boy birth to the maximum.
- Dance to the music.
Eating certain foods
To take advantage of this method, you need to eat carrots and apples throughout your pregnancy in Sims 4.
Where to get carrots:
- Head to the outskirts of Oasis Springs and look for wild carrots in the outskirts of town.
- Grow in your garden by buying seeds from the shop and planting them in beds. Note that with the Seasons add-on
- installed, you can only do this in spring and autumn.
With the “Seasons” update there will be a random chance of dropping carrots off when buying seed packets.
- Buy from shops in town, from the Fruit and Vegetables stall, or using the Sims computer.
Find apples in Sims 4 by following these steps:
- Buy apple seeds through the computer by right-clicking on it and selecting Order – Buy Seeds.
- You can also do this by poking your garden pots in the vegetable garden and selecting “Buy Seeds”.
- Grow apple trees in your vegetable garden using the seeds in your luggage and then pick the finished fruit.
The only thing left to do is to feed it all to your baby girl. Try to eat the right foods the whole time you are pregnant.
You can influence the sex by using the cheat code for giving birth to a boy in Sims 4. To do this:
- Open the console by pressing Ctrl+Shift+C.
- Then enter the code: Testingcheats true.
- After that, reopen the console by pressing the shortcut from point #1 and enter the cheat cas.fulleditmode.
- Now left-click on the child, hold Shift, and select “Change character”.
- You will then be able to change the sex of the child in the character creation menu to male.
This code will allow you to turn the baby into a boy after the baby is born.