The family ties in Sims 4, if you set them up beforehand, can help save time in building relationships between characters. Every avid Sims gamer has at least once faced a situation where he sat for hours to create a family and then, having saved, realized that he did not specify them.
To fix this bug, you must either create a new family or use different modifications. In this article, we will talk about all the ways how you can specify or modify the relationship between siblings.
The Legitimate Way
Once you have created your characters, to make a kinship relationship in Sims 4 you need:
- In the CAS tool, click on the character icon, in the form of a rhombus (located in the top left corner).
- Open the information panel of the selected Sim.
- In the bottom right corner of the panel, click on the button with the image of two people, after which the “Edit Relationship” window will open.
- Click on it with the left mouse button and set the desired relationship between the Persians. This can be a roommate, father or mother, brother or sister, husband or wife.
To properly set up the relationship in Sims 4, these steps must be repeated for each family member. Then when you move into your new family, all Sims will know and love each other to the necessary extent.
- A character’s age will determine what kind of relationship you can choose between relatives. For example, you cannot assign a teenager as the child of another teenager or an elderly sim as the child of a younger character.
- You can create a child from the genetic code of the selected two characters in the character creation menu, regardless of their gender. The relationship between these sims will then be set automatically (parent – parent-child).
There is a special code that can change or remove siblings in Sims 4 at any time. In order to apply it, you must:
- Open the game console with the key combination Ctrl+Shift+C.
- Enter there developer code: TestingCheats true.
- Press Enter to confirm.
- Reopen the game console and enter there cas.fulleditmode.
- Press Enter once again to confirm.
Log in to CAS by any means available (eg through a mirror or wardrobe).
- After all these actions you will be able to change the relationship at any time, just as in the family creation phase before. It remains to create a relationship between the sims. We have written about how to do this above.
Click on the “Save Changes” button and continue playing with the new family relationship.
Using the mod
Set or customize the family relationship in Sims 4 with the Family Relationships Mod, which extends the functionality of the original game and adds roles such as son-in-law, daughter-in-law, father-in-law, mother-in-law, in-law, uncle, aunt, cousin, cousin, grandmother, grandfather, etc.
You can download it from any website by pasting the name into the search box.
How to install:
- After downloading, extract the files into the Mods folder in package format.
- Now go into the game and right-click on the character of interest.
- In the window that will open, select the desired role and apply it.